- Category: Rosé Wine Reviews Rosé Wine Reviews
- Published: 06 June 2016 06 June 2016
It was a beautiful late May Saturday in Dulwich, SE London, so I invited Natalia to the park to share a bottle of pink Champagne Taittinger Nocturne.
This rosé champagne is made from 70% pinot noir which gives it the bright strawberry fruitiness and good bite of fresh acidity. The remaining 30% of the grape blend is chardonnay which adds a little softness and elegance to the mouthfeel.
Taittinger is one of the big Champagne houses but still retains that family approachability. We have caught up with Clovis and Vitalie Taittinger this year in London who are both great ambassadors for champagne and great fun representatives of Taittinger.
The Champagne Taittinger Nocturne has a wide open appeal and a touch flamboyancey about it (not least represented in the packaging!!). It's perfect for just about every summer party you might be throwing this year. Just think playfulness and Dionysus.
Taittinger Nocturne Rosé ‘City Lights’ NV
Harrods, Ann et Vin
An American In Paris; Tanisha Townsend (@GirlMeetsGlass) discusses podcasts, Paris wine bars, & what she's drinking at the moment
Tanisha Townsend decided to move to Paris 4 years ago after regularly passing through the city en route to the world’s most famous vineyards. In fact, it was about 2 years ago at the Printemps de Champagne Bouzy Rouge tasting in Reims that I saw (who we shall now refer to as) GirlMeetsGlass chirpily speaking to her web followers on Snapchat.
Wine tasting in Galicia: The pilgrims search for Alborino
The cathedral in Santiago de Compostela, the final resting place of Saint James, rises out of the landscape, infested with antiquity. The rambling steep streets give way to shafts of dramatic light, emblazoned chapels, and tightly packed tapas bars, dusty, as old novels pressed together in antiquarian bookshops.
Interview: (Re)Defining the Entre-Deux-Mers, climate change & tasting with Stephane Dupuch
Driving into the Entre-Deux-Mers region from the north, the vineyards roll out like a bright green deep-pile carpet across the undulating land. It’s hard not to be excited about tasting wines with so much heritage, as we head to Chateau-Sainte-Marie to meet with 5th generation owner, Stéphane Dupuch.
Wine tasting in northern Catalonia in the foothills of the Pyrenees
It’s been a hot couple of weeks here trekking around northern Catalonia. From the homeland and backdrop to surrealist Salvador Dali’s world to dramatic remnants of the volcano park an hour away, this place is a land of rough-hewn vistas and rustic hospitality.
AOC Ventoux is breaking through
It’s a scorching summer evening in Regent’s Park and what is my glass is of premium importance. The fact that Britain is experiencing a thorough multi-day licking from the sun, is itself unconventional, as are the pourers at this evenings tasting: 4 wine producers from the appellation AOC Ventoux in the southern Rhone.
Talking food and wine & Carluccio's motto: "MOF MOF"
Carluccio's deli and restaurants are a high-street staple, where great flavours in food blend easily with quality wines on the list. Following the death of the charismatic founder, Antonio Carluccio, his spirit lives on in style and philosophy. Nick Breeze talks to Head of International Operations (especially where wine is concerned!), Mike Stocks about wine-list tips, food matching and the great man of "mof mof":